Gluten and corn free as well.
You can use any fruits you like, I chose those available fresh for a longer time. If you use fresh fruits take into account that they may need a different time to be cooked. (For example pears need 5-6 minutes while plums can be overcooked in 3 minutes.) So start with those that need more time and add the others later.)
You can make it with canned or frozen fruits as well.
220 g fresh apples
250 g sweet pears
250 g peaches
170 g plums
8 dl lukewarm water
110 ml lukewarm almond cream for cooking
1 + 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 + 1/16 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
½ + ¼ tbsp rice syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 + 1/2 tsp 100% lemon juice
7 g arrowroot powder
- Wash the fruits, core them and chop into smaller pieces. (I usually don’t peel the fruits, because they look better in the soup and there’s less chance to overcook them. I only remove „ugly” peel of apples and pears.)
- Place apples, pears and water in a pot. Add salt, rice syrup, cinnamon, vanilla powder, cloves and lemon juice. Bring it to a boil.
- Mix arrowroot starch with almond cream until dissolved.
- When soup is boiling, turn down the heat then add peaches and plums. Take out one and a half ladleful of soup and add it to the arrowroot slurry. Mix well then add the slurry to the soup while constantly stirring.
- Bring the soup to a boil again, and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Cool it. (I usually put the pot into cold water.) When it’s cooled, put it in the fridge to chill.
- Taste it when it’s chilled and add some more seasoning if needed. (Cold foods usually need more seasoning.)
Top it with non-dairy whipped cream (recipe here!) before serving.