Creamy pudding that is also free from corn, potato and rice.
Makes 3 servings.
4 dl unsweetened almond milk from roasted almonds (I used this)
160 g banana (without peel)
sweetener to taste, I usually use 7 g of a sweetener that’s 4 times sweeter than sugar
a small pinch of salt
a pinch of turmeric (see in the picture)
a pinch of Bourbon Vanilla Powder (same amount as turmeric)
20 g arowroot powder
25 ml cold water
For the topping:
roasted, chopped peanuts
pineapple and strawberry slices
1.Slice the bananas and place the slices in a pot.
2. Add the almond milk, salt, sweetener, turmeric and vanilla powder.
3. Blend well, then heat it on medium setting. Stir frequently to avoid burning and sticking to the pot.
4. When it starts to simmer, thicken it with the arowroot powder. If you haven’t done thickening with arrowroot or other starches, here’s the method:
Mix arrowroot powder with the cold water until dissolved. When the pudding starts to boil, take out one and a half ladleful and add it to the arrowroot slurry. Mix well then add the slurry to the pudding. Cook it for 1-2 minutes, until it reaches a thicker texture. Stir frequently while cooking. (Don’t overboil or else arrowroot will lose its thickening power.
5. Serve the pudding into glasses and let them cool. When completely cooled, put the glasses in the fridge for 2 hours.
6. Top them with pineapple and strawberry slices, then sprinkle with roasted, chopped peanuts.