Easy-to-make light dish. Some good advice for cooking:
Since this meal is to be cooked quite quickly, and on a higher temperature, it is useful to prepare all ingredients before cooking so that you won’t be in a rush later.
In order to sauté the vegetables instead of steaming them, the pan should not be overcrowded. Use a larger pan so that the veggies can cover the bottom in a single layer. (If you have a lot of vegetables, you can cook them in two or more batches.)
The recipe calls for 1 tbsp oil to start with, but the exact amount of oil used depends on the temperature and the size of the pan. To sauté the chicken and the vegetables you’ll need as much oil as to cover the bottom of the pan. The oil should be properly heated before adding the meat and the veggies.
Makes 2 servings.
1 large chicken fillet (kb. 370 g)
1 larger zucchini (kb. 300 g)
1/2- 1/2 red and yellow bell pepper
1/4 of a middle sized onion (approx. 40 g)
1/2 of a middle sized red onion (approx. 80 g)
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp dried marjoram
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried rosemary
salt and ground white pepper to taste
olive oil with a high smoke point
- Wash the chicken fillet, and cut it into small cubes. Rub them with salt and pepper.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Remove the tops and seeds of paprikas. Mince onion, and dice all other vegetables, except for garlic into just as small chunks as the chicken. Crush the garlic.
- Mix marjoram, basil and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan.
- Place onion in the pan and cook on low heat until its soft and sweet. Increase the heat to medium, wait until the oil is properly heated, then add chicken and cook for a few minutes, until it’s done. Toss or stir frequently while cooking to prevent burning. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add some more oil if necessary and heat it. Place bell peppers in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes tossing or stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini, red onion, mixed herbs and crushed garlic. Mix together and cook for 4-5 minutes until zucchini is crispy tender. In the last minute of cooking, place chicken back in the pan, mix everything together and cook for one more minute.
- Add some more salt if necessary.
Serve it fresh and warm. You can serve it with any kind of garnish, but since this meal has no sauce, I think pasta or rice would be better than for example millet, because the latter is drier.